October 25, 2012

During our slow period (ie the dog days of summer) we started overhauling a vintage camping trailer. Catch up on the entire saga here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here (in that order).

I’m not going to lie. I logged into the blog today just to stare at the pics in future posts. There are walls (white!) and new floors (so pretty) and even the start of new benches (eek!). All that is coming, but first, in the interest of being thorough, here are some miscellaneous projects that may only be exciting for the trailer restoration lovin’ folks.

It should be no surprise that when the rest of the exterior metal skin came off, we found (dun, dun, dun!) more water damage. This time it was around the wheel well and was relatively minor.

 

 

 

 

A few new boards for support and it was good to go.

 

The original trailer included a heater, which won’t meet all of our HVAC needs. So we removed it, but it left a pretty big hole (seen below to the left of the door.)

 

 

Here’s a close up.

 

 

It’s nothing a few pieces of wood can’t fix.

 

 

 

To further prep the frame and help reduce water invasion, Aaron removed the old insulation and used aluminum foil tape to seal the paneling seems.

 

 

 

Then the frame got a coat of Kilz primer.

 

 

 

We’re getting SOO close to the good, “this trailer is starting to come together!!!” stuff.

 


Leave a Comment